Subject: Re: tips on getting started making $ with photography

no_name wrote:

> Do they have to be specifically "photographic" magazines?

No - that's why I mentioned Backpacker.

> Lots of magazines that are not "photographic" magazines use photographs;
> certainly there are far more of them than there are specifically
> "photographic" magazines.

> As far as magazine sales, the first place to look is still "The
> Photographer's Market". Get contact info & submission guidelines.

That's what I did. I got samples, contact info and submission
guidelines. I have a 4' high file cabinet with all the info on
prospectives that publish the types of pics that I take.

I'm just wondering should I focus on scanning my pics and getting a
website up, or focus on putting together a book, or focus on making
prints and doing coffeehouse shows, or buying a booth at art festivals,
or trying to get a show in a gallery, or contact prospective buyers
directly, or.........?

Jim

tips on getting started making $ with photography =>Re: tips on getting started making $ with photography =>Re: tips on getting started making $ with photography =>Re: tips on getting started making $ with photography =>Re: tips on getting started making $ with photography =>Re: tips on getting started making $ with photography =>