Subject: Re: tips on getting started making $ with photography

Ric Trexell wrote:

> Jim: It probably depends more on the type of photos you have.

I do mostly landscape, but have included city-scapes since moving to
Philadelphia. Also, I'll always try to do abstract shots whenever I
"see" one.

>By the way, stock covers a lot of territory, from magazines to textbooks to industry >periodicals to you name it.

I shoot 35mm slide. I narrowed down mags and similar publications. I'm
into the outdoors so hiking/backpacking is okay. For example,
backpacker pays rather well if you follow a group of backpackers
through a scenic area and capture the people as well as the scenery.

> For decoration type photos you will probably need to have them
> enlarged to at least 16 X 20 but 20 X 24 or bigger might be better.

"decoration" photos - what do you mean by that? Sales to business or
doctor's offices? Other?

Jim

tips on getting started making $ with photography =>Re: tips on getting started making $ with photography =>