Subject: Re: solarizing lith film

I used to simply solarize a print. I exposed the print on a higher-contrast
paper. Then I started to develop it in a water-diluted developer (about 1:5)
until the first blacks came out. Then I solarized the print while in the
diluted developer with a 15 W bulb and completed the development normally.
I never found the final print contrasty enough. Therefore I re-photographed
the print, creating a new negative from which I could print (high contrast)
as much as I wanted..
Dankwart

--

|***************************************************************|
| Note my new email address: dankwart@verizon.net !
!
!
! Visit my Web Site http://dankwart.tripod.com |
!

****************************************************************.
"Mark Dunn" wrote in message
> You need to use a continuous tone developer. It's quite possible; I used
> make copy transparencies on Kodalith 2556 and IIRC used dilute print dev.
Of
> course, printing from negs, you'll then have solarised positives which
> you'll need to contact print again to get a neg for printing. That's why
you
> might want to try solarising prints, copying them, then printing from the
> new neg. To get a solarised neg direct you need to print on direct
positive
> film. Or you could reversal process the lith film. Good luck, and well
done
> for helping. keep wet photography alive
> "Luis Ortega" wrote in message
> > Thanks, I've been reading about it and it seems that you need to use a
> > different
> > developer than lith developer to produce some sort of tonal range on the
> > film that can get solarized.
> >
> > "Pat" wrote in message
> > > Wow, I've been out of the darkroom so long ....
> > >
> > > As I remember it, Litho film is very high contrast and you get only
> > > black and clear -- no grayscale. I'm not sure how that would
solarize.

> > > I did a quite search and found this article
> > > http://photography.about.com/library/weekly/aa091399c.htm
> > > It talks a little about Lith film and the chemicals. Maybe it will
> > > help. You know more about film than I do. It's just been SO long.
Put
> > > is this way, I still use ASA instead of ISO. But it's great to see
> > > someone staying with traditional methods.
> > >
> > > Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck.

solarizing lith film =>Re: solarizing lith film =>Re: solarizing lith film =>Re: solarizing lith film =>