Subject: Re: scanning negs & slides...

Kernix wrote:
> I have a Minolta Dimage 35mm film scanner and I end up having to do a
> lot of work in Photoshop to remove the dust specs. Without building a
> clean room of sorts, does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the
> amount of dust on my shots?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

I also have a Minolta scanner, a DualScan Two. I have my scanner and
negative handling area covered with a sheet of thin aluminium grounded
via an alligator clip and 1 megohm resistor to the ground of the power
strip. I've rigged a dust hood of cardboard over the negative/slide
carrier port on the front of the scanner. I clean the negs/slide witha
1" static master brush and then give them a puff of canned air on both
sides just before I seat the carrier in the scanner. This does not get
rid of *all* the dust, but it helps a whole lot.

scanning negs & slides... =>