Home Products Download Order Contacts

Subject: Re: raincoats for cameras?

bill frogg wrote:
> Can anyone tell me about availability of rain covers for slr (largish)
> cameras?
> Not a submersible cover, more like a rainhat??? Does anybody sell
> them or should I get out the sewing machine and the goretex?
> bill frogg
Hoya used to market a really good one. It was a bag of heavy gauge,
clear, very flexable vinyl, with an elastic aperature which would fit
around a good sized zoom lens, and an eyepiece window located in a well
chosen spot. You could put both hands in thru the open bottom of the
bag to work the camera controls. These were moderately priced (<$15)
and worked quite well. I lost mine somewhere. Unfortunately I haven't
seen them advertised for a decade or more. Market opportunity !!

View All Messages in rec.photo.misc

raincoats for cameras? =>

Re: raincoats for cameras?