Subject: Re: flash/optical slave problem

> I bought 2 Sigma EF-500 ST flashes for my Pentaxes. I ve the TTL
> flash, but they don't behave very well with optical slaves on them...
> they'll fire about every 4th or 5th flash from my master... even
> with it inches away.
>
> It's the same no matter what optical slave I use (I own 4 or 5), or
> what flash they're on. I also have 2 Vivtar 285 flashes, and they
> fire every time when on the same slave.

seems like the internet requires people to make a snarky comment so here
goes....

sigma, well duh.

but I'm wondering if there is a voltage level problem, or if the polarity is
wrong. with HH blade plugs you could pull it and reinsert the other way and
quite often fix the problem.

flash/optical slave problem =>