Subject: Re: colour prints to PC

In article ,
"jw 1111" wrote:

> Hi, would anyone explain to a novice what is the best way to go about
> transferring hundreds of 35 mm postcard size colour prints to my pc please.
> many thanks.

Get yourself a simple A4 flatbed scanner. Picture postcards are
generally poorly printed and 300dpi should be a quite adequate
resolution.

Ignore the boasts about over 1000dpi - you're never going to be scanning
things that high unless you doing things like postage stamps or coins.

I assume you have photo processing software? If not, check out Paint
Shop Pro or Photoshop Elements.

It might be worthwhile copying and resizing your scans to 1024 x 768 to
use as wallpaper.

colour prints to PC =>