Subject: Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different

In article , Chris
Guynn writes

>"Prometheus" wrote in message
>> In article , "Dennis
>> (Icarus)" writes
>> >"Xiaoding" wrote in message

>> >IIRC, photons, like most other subatomic particles, are indistinguishable
>> >from one another.
>>
>> Yes, identical, but not the same.
>
>This is all over my head, but if they are indistinguishable (identical), how
>do you know they aren't the same?

Because the photon is destroyed on absolution and recreated when a
photon is emitted.

Imagine that I have a bronze statue.

1 I make a mould from it.
Does the same statue still exists?
2 I then cut it in to pieces.
Does the same statue still exists?
3 I melt some bronze.
Does the same statue still exists?
4 I pour the molten bronze in to the mould.
Does the same statue still exists?
5 I remove the stature from the mould.
Does the same statue still exists?

Would it make a difference if I used the bronze from the original statue
in steep 3 or bronze from somewhere else?
--
Ian G8ILZ

You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>