Subject: Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different

"Prometheus" wrote in message
news:u1mbJLDVF5WEFwtJ@newbrain.demon.co.uk...
> In article , "Dennis
> (Icarus)" writes
> >"Xiaoding" wrote in message
>
> >> The propogation of photons is delayed, yes. But individual pjotons do
> >> not propogate, they only travel in a vaccuum.
> >> they then hit something, are absorbed, and then that something (an
> >> atom, say) re-emits another photon. But not the same
> >> photon, a new one.
> >
> >IIRC, photons, like most other subatomic particles, are indistinguishable
> >from one another.
>
> Yes, identical, but not the same.

This is all over my head, but if they are indistinguishable (identical), how
do you know they aren't the same?

You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>