Subject: Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different

> However the angle of refraction depends on the difference in the
> refractive indices of the two media forming the interface, i.e. going from
> 1.0 t 1.5 will not be the same as from 1.1 to 1.5.

Only when light is striking the barrier at an angle. That's exactly why the
first element of amphibious lenses is flat. The standard 35 mm Nikonos lens
has a flat first element and is amphibious. The first element of my 28 mm
lens is not flat and is not amphibious. It is specifically designed for
underwater use only.

Speaking of such things, the exact same thing can be said of lenses made to
be used in air. They too are specifically designed for use in only one
element.

Now, can we please quit cross posting everything?

Lee

You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>