Subject: Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different

On 2006-04-26 00:37:03 -0400, Frank Pittel said:

> In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Michael Weinstein
> wrote:
> : On 2006-04-24 17:27:28 -0400, "alex" said:
>
> : > : > "Dave Hillstrom" wrote in message :
> : >> You can't use regular lenses underwater, that's why you always see
> : >> special cameras on ocean documentaries and such. People think it's
> : >> because they need to be waterproof but the real reason is the speed of
> : >> light underwater is different than in air and it makes the light bend
> : >> at different angles through the lenses.
> : >> Einstein proved it.
> : >> : > : > Someone wasn't concentrating in Physics at school...
>
> : No, I think someone didn't actually TAKE Physics in school.
>
> When I was taking physics light traveled slower in water then in air.

And it still does. But that doesn't confer any sense to the OP's
statement. Lenses are not built according to the speed of light.
--
Michael | "He's dead, Jim."

You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>