Subject: Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Michael Weinstein wrote:
: On 2006-04-24 17:27:28 -0400, "alex" said:

: >
: > "Dave Hillstrom" wrote in message
: > news:1145843218.216398.119160@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
: >> You can't use regular lenses underwater, that's why you always see
: >> special cameras on ocean documentaries and such. People think it's
: >> because they need to be waterproof but the real reason is the speed of
: >> light underwater is different than in air and it makes the light bend
: >> at different angles through the lenses.
: >> Einstein proved it.
: >>
: >
: > Someone wasn't concentrating in Physics at school...

: No, I think someone didn't actually TAKE Physics in school.

When I was taking physics light traveled slower in water then in air.
--

You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>