Subject: Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:43:08 GMT, "Chris Guynn"
opined:

>"Lionel" wrote in message
>> On 23 Apr 2006 23:00:51 -0700, "cjcampbell"
>> opined:

>> >So, I suppose that is also the reason you need different lenses to take
>> >telephoto pictures than the lenses you would use for wide angle. Light
>> >from different distances travels at different speeds? No doubt this is
>> >due to the fact that light traveling from farther away has to go
>> >through more haze, so it passes through more water on the way to the
>> >camera. It would explain depth of field, too. A lens set at a
>> >particular focal length can only bend light traveling at a particular
>> >speed at the correct angle. Light that is going too fast or too slow
>> >would, of course, bend at the wrong angle and thus the foreground and
>> >background are out of focus. That being the case, you would also need
>> >special lenses in space, where light does not travel through any water
>> >at all.
>> >
>> >Or maybe it is just wrong to encourage this nut.
>>
>> Yes it is, because he has zero interest in the topic & is posting only
>> to generate as many responses as possible. Please don't encourage him.
>
>Aren't you the same guy who told him to "Fuck off Bowtie" only seven hours
>earlier?

yes I am. I also set the followups to alt.usenet.kooks (where Bowtie &
his idiocy is on-topic), so that idiots replying to that post wouldn't
contribute to the noise level in the troll's target groups.

> Way to not reply.

You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>