Subject: Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different

In article , John McWilliams
wrote:

> > The bad effect on shapness, and bad color fringing, is due to the
> > optical defects that creep in, e.g. lateral and longitudinal chromatic
> > abberation, coma, etc.
> >

> > An ordinary watertight camera can be made to work equally "sharp"
> > underwater as it does in air, by the simple expedient of adding a
> > watertight flat screw-on filter in front of the curved frontmost
> > element of the lens assembly. Now the lens proper is "working in
> > air", like the lens designers intended.
> >
> > Assuming the camera, lens, etc. are all completely watertight,
> > everything should work just ducky, as far as sharpness is concerned.
>
> Oh yes, it will, and does.
>
> Since you are new here, Mark, we have a somewhat different set of
> trolls/kooks.
>
> He often starts threads that can turn out to be interesting, but it all
> works better when we remove his troll tracker groups or other alt.
> groups that are contentious, as I've done here.

Sorry, was not aware of his posting history. I guess I should have
noticed that once he stirred up a hornet's nest, he did not bother to
respond to the posts.

Mark-

You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>Re: You use different lenses underwater because the speed of light is different =>