Subject: Re: Printing - lab or printer

"GEO" wrote in message
news:44352c6a.13357100@news.ucalgary.ca...
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 07:07:29 +0200, "Catherine Milton"
> wrote:
>
> >I have started prining my photos to sell at local tourist spots, and
> >more-or-less decided to go with printing them myself on my HP psc 1315
> >printer. Yesterday I was talking to a digital photgraphic place, and
they
> >said I shouldn't, as the phtots will deteriorate too soon, I should go
with
> >a lab, or professional printing company.
> >
> >Does anyone have any experience or advice to give me?
>

> I would recommend you ask in comp.periphs.printers. There are long
> conversations about printers and inks. Some of the regulars will point
> you to places such as: http://www.wilhelm-research.com/
>
> Just make sure to ignore or killfile a poster called 'Masekite'.
>
> Geo

I took your advice, but there haven't been any posts like that since I
joined.
Very acerbic group!

I've decided to print using my home pc for the cheap local market, and to
see how they'll look, but to have them done in a lab for the more upmarket
photos.

Catherine

Printing - lab or printer =>Re: Printing - lab or printer =>