Subject: Re: Opinions of my photo please

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:53:40 GMT, John H wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:47:25 -0800, "Randy Stewart"
> wrote:
>

>>"Tony Cooper" wrote in message

>>> If that picture is judged good, then it's more likely that there's a
>>> cinder in the eye of the beholder.
>>>
>>> Tony Cooper
>>> Orlando, FL
>>
>>While I agree that the photo is not a good picture by any conventional
>>standard I would apply, I also think that a reply of "horrible" without
>>further explanation or constructive comment is totally pointless, not
>>warranting any reply at all. Unhappily, many photos, individually or whole
>>galleries, posted in the web evidence a great lack of skill by the poster,
>>who fails to recognize their considerable shortcomings, and most replies are
>>the slap in the face evidenced here.
>>
>>So "John H", let's hear why you think this photo is "horrible" and what you
>>would have done to correct or avoid its problems. OR, let's not hear from
>>you at all in the future.
>>
>>Randall Stewart
>>

> Randall, horrible means to me that it is so disagreeable to
>the senses that it should be binned. What I would do to improve it is
>to go out in a suitable morning with a tripod and take some more
>pictures exposing for the sky and water, with each of those bracketed
>and then blend to achieve the effect desired.
>
> That is just my opinion as seen through the eye of the common
>man. No slaps in the face or unkindness is intended.
>

>John H

There have various samples posted up. To be clear this is the
one I am looking at
http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/bobsinterpretationweb.jpg

I must be missing the redeeming features others are seeing.
From about 10' viewing distance it looks better but up close I find it
is actually disturbing to my vision.

John H

Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>