Subject: Re: Opinions of my photo please

Randy Stewart wrote:
> "Tony Cooper" wrote in message
>
>>On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:51:38 GMT, "aussie bongo"
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"John H" wrote in message

>>>john ,,
>>>beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)
>>
>>If that picture is judged good, then it's more likely that there's a
>>cinder in the eye of the beholder.
>>
>>Tony Cooper
>>Orlando, FL
>

> While I agree that the photo is not a good picture by any conventional
> standard I would apply, I also think that a reply of "horrible" without
> further explanation or constructive comment is totally pointless, not
> warranting any reply at all. Unhappily, many photos, individually or whole
> galleries, posted in the web evidence a great lack of skill by the poster,
> who fails to recognize their considerable shortcomings, and most replies are
> the slap in the face evidenced here.
>
> So "John H", let's hear why you think this photo is "horrible" and what you
> would have done to correct or avoid its problems. OR, let's not hear from
> you at all in the future.

I'm with you here, Randy... if you're gonna diss a picture, at least
explain why, or don't waste your time.

Personally, I see that this has the potential to be a really nice shot
(not great, but nice): the sky is beautiful and the crane silhouettes
are striking. It needs some cropping though - I'd take out most of the
water at the bottom, and the water itself is too rippled to provide an
interesting reflection. Maybe cut it straight across from about the
bottom of the land shadow on the right.

The other problem is that it's WAY over-sharpened, particularly
noticeable in the "jaggies" in the crane booms, and the haloed edges of
the clouds. Bob, if you want to make some adjustments and post it up
again, I'd like to take another look :)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0604-4, 01/27/2006
Tested on: 1/28/2006 12:20:39 PM

Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>