Subject: Re: Opinions of my photo please

; ; ;

; ; ; wrote in message
news:425lt1dh5vnab9ilkilr19s4skp86p8fuu@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:50:24 GMT, "BernieM" wrote:
>
>>"Jaqian" wrote in message
>>> Thanks everyone for the advice I've cropped the photo and brightened it
>>> somewhat. See what you make of it now:
>>> http://static.flickr.com/18/88149665_3441696d02_o.jpg
>>>
>>> Btw if any of you had been taking this shot what setting etc would you
>>> used?
>>>

>>I'd have tried a number of different (longer) exposures. Even as far as 2
>>to 5 seconds. Even if that meant losing some of the sky. It appears that
>>lights very limited after dark ie. no man-made lighting around.
>>
>>It has potential.
>>
>>BernieM
>>

> Hey dude,
>
> The attached is your photo that I Photoshop-ed using highligh/shadow
> adjustment. It brings out some graininess, only to exemplify the
> difference between the dynamic range of film versus our retinas...
>
> I perhaps would recommend the use of a neutral-gradient filter to tone
> down the sky, allowing for a longer exposure of the darker parts of
> the composition.
>
> Singh-Ray and Cokin each have their own versions; Sing-Ray is the
> better of the two.
>
> http://www.singh-ray.com/grndgrads.html

Hey their a great idea. I never kney they existed. I'm off to my local
camera shop right now..

Thanks for the info.

BernieM

Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>