Subject: Re: Opinions of my photo please

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:50:24 GMT, "BernieM" wrote:

>"Jaqian" wrote in message
>> Thanks everyone for the advice I've cropped the photo and brightened it
>> somewhat. See what you make of it now:
>> http://static.flickr.com/18/88149665_3441696d02_o.jpg
>>
>> Btw if any of you had been taking this shot what setting etc would you
>> used?
>>

>I'd have tried a number of different (longer) exposures. Even as far as 2
>to 5 seconds. Even if that meant losing some of the sky. It appears that
>lights very limited after dark ie. no man-made lighting around.
>
>It has potential.
>
>BernieM

Hey dude,

The attached is your photo that I Photoshop-ed using highligh/shadow
adjustment. It brings out some graininess, only to exemplify the
difference between the dynamic range of film versus our retinas...

I perhaps would recommend the use of a neutral-gradient filter to tone
down the sky, allowing for a longer exposure of the darker parts of
the composition.

Singh-Ray and Cokin each have their own versions; Sing-Ray is the
better of the two.

http://www.singh-ray.com/grndgrads.html

Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>