Subject: Re: Opinions of my photo please

> UC wrote:
>
>> Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark) wrote:

>>> Because he asked for help. I disagree that the image is underexposed.
>>

>> Sorry, it is.
>

> No it is not. There are already pixels with level=255, so if anything
> it is overexposed as there are saturated pixels. Look at the
> red channel histogram. Any increase in exposure would drive
> the interesting red clouds more into saturation. Put a box selection
> around the bright red clouds. About 1% of the clouds in the red channel
> are saturated. That limits what can be done with the image.
> It should have been exposed about 1/3 stop less, and in raw mode
> so you have the bits to work with.
>
> Roger

Here are some sunrises and sunsets to compare:
http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries/gallery.sunset
http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries/gallery.sunrise

Roger

Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>