Subject: Re: Opinions of my photo please

UC wrote:
> This is an underexposed image.
>
> Why bother us with this?

Because he asked for help. I disagree that the image is underexposed.
The clouds are a beautiful red-orange. On the brighter version,
they become washed out. What is underexposed is the foreground.

If you want the buildings in silhouette, select the water in
the foreground and brighten it then boost the contrast
to make the buildings darker, and the clouds
will have more pop too.

If you want the buildings to show more, select the buildings
to the bottom of the picture and brighten, increase contrast a little
with curves.

When doing s selection, feather with many pixels in this case.

Roger

> Jaqian wrote:
>
>>Hi after reading "Newbie Question about F Stops and Apertures" I tried
>>messing around with the F-Stop/Shutter speed this morning and was
>>wondering what you thought of this photo I took:
>>http://static.flickr.com/38/87750547_72fc81d7f2_b.jpg I used a tri-pod
>>and timer to avoid camera shake. I was trying to capture the colours of
>>a sunrise even thjough was taken around 8:30am. Hope to get an earlier
>>shot tomorrow.
>>
>>Exposure: 0.077 sec (1/13)
>>Aperture: f/5.6
>>ISO: 64
>>
>>More details here: http://www.flickr.com/photo_exif.gne?id=87750547
>>

>>Cheers,
>>Jaqian

Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>