Subject: Re: Opinions of my photo please

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:41:59 -0500, Alex wrote:

>On 18 Jan 2006 02:07:49 -0800, "Jaqian" wrote:
>
>>Thanks everyone for the advice I've cropped the photo and brightened it
>>somewhat. See what you make of it now:
>>http://static.flickr.com/18/88149665_3441696d02_o.jpg
>
>You cropped too much from the bottom... Rule of thirds man! Get the
>nice bottom line of the dock and bridge to fall along the bottom third
>(it's on the bottom quarter now).
>
>Also, you've now cropped most of the bridge off. Why?

An interpretation:
http://members.accesswave.ca/~parklane/cranes1.jpg
but I think you need a better exposure to start with. I would use
bracketed exposures and blend for increased dynamic range; one for the
sky and one for the dark areas. You could read these with spot or
centre weighted metering and check the bracketing parameters to see if
they would be suitable. If not you could set them manually although
that risks moving the camera. This may be more than you want to get
into but more info can be found here
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/digital-blending.shtml

I have warped the picture slightly to minimize distortion from
the wide angle setting that resulted in a hump along the seawall and
horizon.

John H

Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>Re: Opinions of my photo please =>