Subject: Re: Opinions of my photo please

On 17 Jan 2006 01:44:42 -0800, "Jaqian" wrote:

>Hi after reading "Newbie Question about F Stops and Apertures" I tried
>messing around with the F-Stop/Shutter speed this morning and was
>wondering what you thought of this photo I took:
>http://static.flickr.com/38/87750547_72fc81d7f2_b.jpg I used a tri-pod
>and timer to avoid camera shake. I was trying to capture the colours of
>a sunrise even thjough was taken around 8:30am. Hope to get an earlier
>shot tomorrow.

I like the dark exposure but some might want just a touch brighter.
This is a good start.

There's nothing interesting about the water (if it had more colour or
some kind of turbulence or some people on a boat) so it would be much
better if the bridge and/or shoreline was across the bottom third of
the picture.

This is especially annoying because those clouds are so pretty - they
should have taken up more of the picture than they did.

Also, a picture should be (usually) concerned with thirds. They're
(generally) more dynamic and less boring. Look up the "rule of thirds"
and go from there (including the quotes, if you use Google).

--
Alex
atheist #2007

Opinions of my photo please =>