Subject: Re: Left Handed Video Cam? OT

"Jo" wrote in message
news:xkRtf.817$ZZ4.72@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...

> "Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
> message news:dp6gmj$95t$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> >
> > Have you tried the LANC remote control which several camcorders respond
> > to?
> > The controls on the remote typically end up on top of a tripod arm or
> > similar, and I'd expect that some DIY could make them more useful for
your
> > requirements.
>
> Thanx Malcolm
> Thats worth looking at. I must admit i'm just very surprised big companies
> such as Sony etc, have not taken up the challenge of maunufacturing
> equipment specifically with the disabled in mind. Not as though they could
> not afford to do it, and its certainly not exactly a major technical
> 'headache'!
> Jo

I'm afraid it doesn't surprise me at all. Standardisation is cheaper.
I have an elderly relative supplied with medicine in a "child-proof" capped
container. Instructions are to "shake well" before use. As a result of a
medical test 3 years ago, she suffered a minor stroke and has very little
strength in her left arm/hand, and has great difficulty releasing the cap.
So she tends to leave the cap insecure, making the "shake well" aspect
either redundant or messy! In her situation there are no children being
protected by the "child-proof" aspects of the packaging.

It might be worth contacting the Disable Photographers' Society, who
demonstrate much ingenuity in their use of cameras.
http://www.dps-uk.org.uk/

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

LEFT HANDED VIDEO CAM? =>Re: LEFT HANDED VIDEO CAM? =>Re: LEFT HANDED VIDEO CAM? =>