Subject: Re: LEFT HANDED VIDEO CAM?

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message news:dp6gmj$95t$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> "Jo" wrote in message
>> Ok...yes this IS a serious question!
>>
>> Does anyone know of any manufacturer of a Video Camcorder with all
>> operations on the left side? It is not that the person requiring one is
> left
>> handed by choice. She is actually disabled and not able to use her right
> arm
>> or hand.
>>
>> I have searched through Google, but cannot turn anything up.
>> Anyone help please?
>> Thanx
>> Jo
>
> Have you tried the LANC remote control which several camcorders respond
> to?
> The controls on the remote typically end up on top of a tripod arm or
> similar, and I'd expect that some DIY could make them more useful for your
> requirements.

Thanx Malcolm

Thats worth looking at. I must admit i'm just very surprised big companies
such as Sony etc, have not taken up the challenge of maunufacturing
equipment specifically with the disabled in mind. Not as though they could
not afford to do it, and its certainly not exactly a major technical
'headache'!

Jo

LEFT HANDED VIDEO CAM? =>Re: LEFT HANDED VIDEO CAM? =>