Subject: Re: LEFT HANDED VIDEO CAM?

"Jo" wrote in message
news:NIYsf.15693$5v1.10866@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
> Ok...yes this IS a serious question!
>
> Does anyone know of any manufacturer of a Video Camcorder with all
> operations on the left side? It is not that the person requiring one is
> left handed by choice. She is actually disabled and not able to use her
> right arm or hand.
>
> I have searched through Google, but cannot turn anything up.
>
> Anyone help please?
>
> Thanx
> Jo

Hi Jo,

I cannot off-hand think of any camcorder that fits the bill. There are
Sony's and maybe other makes now, that incorporate zooming functions on the
flip-out screen, but are not really practicle.

Best solution I can think of is to try models out in local store and see
which has zoom function on top in the centre, so it can be reached by hand,
and then possibly use remote control to stop & start recording.

Also there is a disabled photography society in UK and they may have
solutions to your needs. Just found their site:
http://www.dps-uk.org.uk/main.html

Other options include looking at getting a chest pod, produced by Cullmen I
think, and use remote, and possibly see if you can source a remote control
powered tripod head?

Cheers,
Stephen.

LEFT HANDED VIDEO CAM? =>