Subject: Re: Film camera question

Nicholas O. Lindan spake thus:

> "Luis Ortega" wrote
>
>>something that is happening only inside the negative frame itself.
>
> If this is 35mm, something everyone seems to be assuming,
> I'll toss my hat in with the sticky-vertical-shutter crowd.
> Vertical shutters were used on Exa's and Exakta 500s -- if there is
> one of these hanging around I'd bet money it's the one with the problem.

Oh, come on, Nicholas: how likely do you think it is that students would
be using these antiquated cameras?

Besides, I have an Exa, and it does indeed have a vertical shutter, but
it's definitely not a focal plane shutter. It's one of the weirdest
shutters I've ever seen, and even if it malfunctioned would not leave
that kind of an artifact within the exposed frame.

> A light leak is the usual culprit but 35mm cameras as a rule don't
> leak light into the mirror box. Is the film fogged or overexposed?

Read his post; he said the effect was within the frame only, implying no
fogging outside the frame, therefore not a light leak problem.

--
I hope that in a few years it [Wikipedia] will be so bloated that it
will simply disintegrate, because I can't stand the thought that this

- Horst Prillinger (see
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.prillinger/blog/archives/2004/06/000623.html)

Film camera question =>Re: Film camera question =>Re: Film camera question =>