Subject: Re: Cleaning damaged 35mm slides?

I've used dish washing detergent to clean slides with good results but
never with smoke damage. After lightly rubbing the slide with detergent,
rinse thoroughly with water and let it dry. You may want to test it on a
not so important slide first to see if it works.

Steve L.

Bob St John wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We had a house fire, and most of my 35mm slides were damaged by water, dirt,
> etc.
>
> What is the best way to clean the slides? While cleaning should I remove the
> film from the slide holders (some paper, some plastic)?
>
> My goal is to clean them up, then scan and digitize them.
>
> Thanks . . .
>
> Bob St. John

Cleaning damaged 35mm slides? =>