Subject: 5 problems with digicams - solutions/recommendations?
I've recently had the occasion to take pics with two different digicams, and I've experienced similar notorious problems. As I
intend to buy one for myself, I'd be very grateful for comments and hints on the following:
1. blur - I've noticed that digicams (even w/o using zoom) are much more sensitive to movement than trads; which of the models (in
the list given below) have good picture stabilization, and which not?
2. distortion - the lenses in some models warp straight lines and planes - again, which models (perhaps there are some with aspheric
3. lightening - in darker rooms/by night sources of light dominate; I took a pic in the Kyiv underground, and only got neon lights
on light-brown background - what solutions/models should I seek?
4. red eyes - notorious; I've heard that the remote-control test is reliable, but you don't always have one at hand -
5. red background - in some situations, esp. in rooms, the red diod irradiates the target longer, and then the photo comes out as if
done through a red filter - how to avoid this?
Below is a list of models from which I will most probably pick one - please add your comments concerning the above problems, if
you've had experience with these:
HP Photosmart M22
HP Photosmart R817
Kodak EasyShare C310
Kodak EasyShare Z700
Kodak EasyShare Z740
Kodak EasyShare Z7590
Nikon Coolpix 4800
Nikon Coolpix L1
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ1
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ2
Samsung Digimax A55W
Loads of thanks in advance!
View All Messages in rec.photo.misc
Re: 5 problems with digicams - solutions/recommendations?
Copyright © 2006 WatermarkFactory.com. All Rights Reserved.