Subject: Re: Precipitate in fix bottle

Anthea wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After an unintentional extended absence from my darkroom, my paper fix
> concertina bottle is full of a dark grey precipitate which is insoluble
> in water. What can I use to dissolve this and clean my bottle? Is it
> the same as the pale yellow ppt I see in splashes on the fix bottle and
> fix tray? I'd like to dissolve those too!
> Thanks in advance,
> Anth.

I infer used rapid fix.

I found an old body of unmixed rapid fix. The stuff seems to have been
colloidal sulphur, but large so cream to pale yellow in color.

I suppose used fixer has some argentothiosulphate in it that may be grey,
depending on particle size.

/V PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A Registered Machine 241939.
/( ) Shrewsbury, New Jersey http://counter.li.org
^^-^^ 21:55:01 up 24 days, 11:22, 3 users, load average: 4.26, 4.20, 4.07

Precipitate in fix bottle =>