Subject: Re: Lightproofing a Garage

I would get a temp greenhouse frame or make one out of pvc pipe and covering
it with blackout. it will solve both doors and the lights. you can hang safe
lights from the frame.

If you make you own frame you can build a door that is light tight by making
a second wall along one side forming a U to enter the darkroom or overlap
the fabric at one end for a door. It also help the problem of someone
opening the garage door while you work.

good luck
Robert

"Jeph" wrote in message
> I have a 400 sq foot garage with a standard door for human entry and a
> garage door (standard type that would be used with a garage door
> opener). It has an outer window in the door and 3 other windows 29.5x35
> I believe, it's a standard size in older homes. I have covered them off
> with thick cardboard sealed with duct taped. I would like to light
> proof it for use as a day darkroom. If anyone has any suggestions I'd
> appreciate them, in specific I have the following questions:
>
> 1) Amberlith/Rubylith: is this particular variety a good solution to
> cover the windows
> (http://www.misterart.com/store/view.cfm?group_id=656&store=001)
>
> 2) How can I lightproof a garage door without sacrificing use of the
> door?
>
> 3) Is there a cheap and easy TEMPORARY way to light proof the garage
> door?
>
> 4) Would Amberlit/Rubylith be suitable for lightproofing flourescent
> lighting (I have about 8 fixtures with 2 lights each hanging) I cannot
> afford
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeph
>
> AIM: jephey