Subject: Re: Calibrated Thermometers

In article <1147385691.308811.64140@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
dan.c.quinn@att.net wrote:

> RE:tlianza wrote:
> >
> > Hi to all. If you break the mercury thermometer in your darkroom,
> > you might as well move out. It has a terrible potential to fog the
> > film and it is very bad for your long term health.
> >

> Mercury, Quick Silver, fun to play with. Nearly a noble metal
> which can be found in nature in the native state. Perhaps you've
> got elemental mercury mixed up with it's very toxic compounds.
> Some of those are being emitted by the tons from the world's
> coal fired generating plants. Dan

Yes you can roll pure Mercury around in your hand as long as you don't
have an open cut. But isn't Mercury oxide a compound? I would think once
there is an oxide you have dust which is a compound and is toxic. No?
--
The sometimes insomniac.

www.gregblankphoto.com

Calibrated Thermometers =>Re: Calibrated Thermometers =>Re: Calibrated Thermometers =>Re: Calibrated Thermometers =>Re: Calibrated Thermometers =>Re: Calibrated Thermometers =>