Subject: Re: raytracing - chess board algorithm

Samuel Hornus avait écrit le 09/05/2006 :
> On Tue, 09 May 2006 11:36:23 +0200
> psr wrote:
>
>> Just a little problem when x and y are between 0 and 1, but in this case i
>> increment x or y when they are > 0.
>
> I don't understand what your problem is ?
> When converting to integers, you should use a floor function,
> 0.5 -> 0
> -0.1 -> -1
> 1.1 -> 1
> -0.99 -> -1
> -1.0001 -> -2

Ok, i dont do the job with this solution...

>> When the tiles are far, the result is not pretty good.
>
> :-) Welcome to the antialiasing/anisotropic filtering world.

I have an AA function (supersampling with Grid algorithm) but the
result stay crapy.

thanks for the floor function, i wil try to code one for my program.

psr.

raytracing - chess board algorithm =>Re: raytracing - chess board algorithm =>Re: raytracing - chess board algorithm =>Re: raytracing - chess board algorithm =>Re: raytracing - chess board algorithm =>Re: raytracing - chess board algorithm =>