Subject: Re: orthonormal frame transformation

jindra wrote:
> ok, you are right, but maybe I haven't described my problem well. I
> have one frame F0 and one vector n1, I want to find the frame F1 so
> that one vector of F1 is n1 and F1 is as similar as possible to F0. So,
> this led me to the idea that the transformation between F0 and F1
> should be sort of minimal, but I miss some metric.

Well, ultimately you have to decide that for yourself, but

1) that transformation is a rotation, and

2) an obvious candidate for such a metric is the angle of that rotation

That makes the rotation around n0xn1 the obvious "minimal"
transformation.

orthonormal frame transformation =>Re: orthonormal frame transformation =>Re: orthonormal frame transformation =>Re: orthonormal frame transformation =>Re: orthonormal frame transformation =>