Subject: Re: backface culling w/ camera question

> Ok, it would seem that It should be possible to construct a plane that is
> oriented and at the location that the camera is pointing, and then hide any
> polygons behind this. I dont have a lot of objects so I dont need any
> hierarchical culling, just want something cheap and fast.

View frustum culling does not imply a hierarchy, it is also cheap and
fast.

Anyway, to give something simple:

* Take the vector D from camera position to the polygon midpoint (or a
vertex)
* Let the camera viewing direction be N
* If dot(N, D) <= 0, then the test-point is behind the camera.

Start with this, and when you notice the short-comings, come back for
more:)

--
Kalle Rutanen
http://kaba.hilvi.org

backface culling w/ camera question =>Re: backface culling w/ camera question =>Re: backface culling w/ camera question =>