Subject: Re: backface culling w/ camera question

> Oops, I misunderstood your question at the first posting.
>
> As Hans points out, you need view frustum culling. This is most
> conveniently done in homogeneous screen coordinates. For those polygons
> that are both outside and inside the view frustum, you need view frustum
> clipping. Also in hom.scr.coord.

Ok, it would seem that It should be possible to construct a plane that is
oriented and at the location that the camera is pointing, and then hide any
polygons behind this. I dont have a lot of objects so I dont need any
hierarchical culling, just want something cheap and fast.

> Btw, are you constructing a software renderer?
Im trying to...It's for something in flash, there are no built in 3D
libraries.

backface culling w/ camera question =>Re: backface culling w/ camera question =>