Subject: Re: Understanding raytracing code

Lord Crc wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2006 06:56:06 +0200, Lord Crc
> wrote:
>
>> This approach is called "ray marching" I belive.
>
> Of course I meant how it "walks" along the ray in steps, not how it
> computes the view vector ;)

So, is this "ray marching" algorithm different from a more common
way to compute the rays? (Didn't find much on google on ray marching)

I guess intersections would be computed directly by looking at the
line equation for a ray.

Understanding raytracing code =>Re: Understanding raytracing code =>Re: Understanding raytracing code =>Re: Understanding raytracing code =>Re: Understanding raytracing code =>