Home Products Download Order Contacts


Subject: Re: Shape that wraps another.

418928@cepsz.unizar.es wrote:
> Thanks, that's very useful. I didn't know the term "offset surface".
> Yes, I'm searching for a tighter fit. For the moment, I only need to do
> it in an image I have. Is there any tool I can use for that?

For pixelated images, you can do this by means of a filter.
Basically, you would take each pixel of the input shape, and stamp a
filled circle of radius d into the output image. The shape Y would
then be the complete set of filled points of the output --- or its
boundary, depending on what you consider a "shape": the full area, or
just the boundary.

Image processing software may offer this kind of operation under the
name of "grow" or "inflate".

Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de)
Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.


View All Messages in comp.graphics.algorithms

Shape that wraps another. =>Re: Shape that wraps another. =>Re: Shape that wraps another. =>


Copyright 2006 WatermarkFactory.com. All Rights Reserved.