Home Products Download Order Contacts

Subject: Re: Point Interpolation

On Fri, 5 May 2006 15:00:43 +0100, "Des"
>I want to fit a curve through an ordered set of 2D points subject to the
>following :
>1. curve is defined solely by the points
>2. curvature is minimised in a global sense
>3. adding a new point (in sequence) which is on the existing curve results
>in the same curve

Curvature minimization is difficult and expensive; polynomial curves,
even rational polynomial curves (NURBS) will not suffice. But if you
can settle for minimizing acceleration, which is similar, then try a
natural spline fit.

Point Interpolation =>

Re: Point Interpolation