Subject: Re: Plotting non overlapping rectangles

"Stephen Brown" wrote in message
news:BtOdncolu5i2pP_ZnZ2dnUVZ_tidnZ2d@comcast.com...

> My interpretation of Dot(D,V[k]-A) is:
> ((Bx - Ax) * (V[k].x - Ax)) + ((By - Ay) * (V[k].y - Ay))
>
> However in order for things to work correctly I had to divide this by the
> length of the line AB squared.

Yes, that is an oversight on my part. When I first
wrote the equations, I was thinking of D as a unit-length
vector, D = (B-A)/Length(B-A), but in my post I wrote
D = B-A.

--
Dave Eberly
http://www.geometrictools.com

Plotting non overlapping rectangles =>Re: Plotting non overlapping rectangles =>Re: Plotting non overlapping rectangles =>Re: Plotting non overlapping rectangles =>Re: Plotting non overlapping rectangles =>