Subject: Re: Offset Faces

Abhinav.S.C wrote:
> Lets forget about the possible mathematical diversions.

You're missing the point. Those are not mathematical diversions,
they're examples to demonstrate to you why the problem, as you state
it, is impossible to solve.

If you don't restrict your surfaces, the task of checking whether one
is an offset surface of some other is a purely mathematical one. We
can't even begin to talk about algorithms until such restrictions are
in place.

> In a solid modelling software where you have certain set of surfaces
> (faces), can I now find whether the two faces are offset or not?

Only you can possibly know what you can, and what you can not find.

> Lets simplify.

I tried that, but you refused.

Offset Faces =>Re: Offset Faces =>Re: Offset Faces =>Re: Offset Faces =>Re: Offset Faces =>