Home Products Download Order Contacts

Subject: Re: Mesh Correction Algorithm - Academic Question

Adam Hartshorne schrieb:

> For 2) I have tried the Jacobi Laplace Smoother available through
> OpenMesh (I know nothing really about mesh smoothing), but found that
> this technique redistributed my vertices but also moved them such they
> no longer represented the surface particularly well.

I think the following, similar two papers could help.

Alternatively, if you only want to detect exactly planar
regions, you could try an algorithm based on the computation
of the following determinant. Let v1, v2, v3, v4 be the
vertices of two adjacent triangles.

|v1.x v1.y v1.z 1|
|v2.x v2.y v2.z 1|
|v3.x v3.y v3.z 1|
|v4.x v4.y v4.z 1|

If this solves to 0, the two triangles are coplanar.

Mesh Correction Algorithm - Academic Question =>

Re: Mesh Correction Algorithm - Academic Question