Subject: Re: MMX Optimized Image Processing - Advice needed for data structure

The copy operation is definitely going to take far longer than you
want. In a general case, I see no way of getting around this two-loop
scheme for image processing. This becomes especially painful when you
want to ensure data-alignment because your algorithm can end up looking
like:

Loop through rows
> Do Unaligned bytes at start of row
> Do SSE through middle
> Do Unaligned bytes at end of row

Which essentially turns into three loops inside an outter loop. I don't
really see an 'effecient' nor 'painless' way to do this in general. The
most effecient, and painless way, is to have two loops. For large
images, though, the outter loop and the startup/cleanup code for each
row is pretty trivial in terms of computation, so it's not that bad.

MMX Optimized Image Processing - Advice needed for data structure =>