Subject: Re: How to get angle and speed to reach a movable point

> I'm been trying to find a solution for this but my math skills are not
> very high and I haven't found anything yet. I hope you guys may give me
> some ideas.
> The problem is the following:
>
> - We have a 2D scenario.
> - There are two points in there, A and B. For each point we know its
> position (x,y), speed (V), and the current direction (0 to 360)
> - We know the maximum speed that A can reach. (Vmax)
> - B may change its direction and speed at any moment. We don't know the
> maximum speed that B may reach.
>
> Problem:
>
> We need to know what angle and speed A should follow to reach B in the
> shortest amount of time possible. The algorithm will be called every
> second, since B may be changing its position and angle at any time.
>
> Any ideas?

I had some thought with this one. I noticed that you make a good effort
to describe the known variables of this problem. However, the
information is still not enough to make it a well-defined problem. I
tried to add some restrictions myself, but the problem seemed to stay
hard and/or introduce the need for other decisions.

It would really help to know what your real problem is.

--
Kalle Rutanen
http://kaba.hilvi.org

How to get angle and speed to reach a movable point =>