Subject: Re: Distance between a Line Segment and a triangle in 3D

Aurélien Barbier-Accary wrote:
> I've not enough time now to translate the text (in french) but figure,
> code and mathematic should be comprehensive.
> So try to see :
> http://liris.cnrs.fr/aurelien.barbier/download/distance_ray_plane.pdf
> http://liris.cnrs.fr/aurelien.barbier/download/distance_ray_convex-polygon.pdf
>

> Be careful, the square of the distance is computed !
> For each case, the number of operations is given (? represents a test)

Thanks for answering.

I looked at this for some time now, and.. well i came to the conclusion
that i should improve my french :)

I'm not quite sure if that is what i need. So title says it's about
calculating the distance between a (endless?) ray and a polygon. That
would be something simpler, because i got just a line-segment (one could
think of a constrained ray).

Looking at the code and the figures it even looks like what is
calculated is just the distance to a single point. (If calculating the
distance of both endpoints of the segment to a triangle would be enough,
this sure would do. Unfortunately it isn't)

I just want to clarify before going on. Perhaps i just understood this
wrong at the first look.

Regards,
Maik

Distance between a Line Segment and a triangle in 3D =>Re: Distance between a Line Segment and a triangle in 3D =>