Subject: Re: Distance between a Line Segment and a triangle in 3D

Maik Wagner a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I need to calculate the distance between a line segment and a triangle.
> Unfortunately Google was no good helper this time.

I've not enough time now to translate the text (in french) but figure, code and
mathematic should be comprehensive.
So try to see :
http://liris.cnrs.fr/aurelien.barbier/download/distance_ray_plane.pdf
http://liris.cnrs.fr/aurelien.barbier/download/distance_ray_convex-polygon.pdf

Be careful, the square of the distance is computed !
For each case, the number of operations is given (? represents a test)

Regards,

--
Aurélien Barbier-Accary

Distance between a Line Segment and a triangle in 3D =>