Subject: Re: Create PolyMesh From PolyLine

Hans-Bernhard Broeker wrote:
> Peter Laube wrote:
>
>> Thanks for correcting my Post so far :) I have still problems to
>> describe the maths in English. I think you can imagine what i have in
>> mind too.. well V-Notch, i found it by dict.leo.org.. in german i
>> would call it "Keilförmige Vertiefung". I try to compute the lower
>> part of my "3D Hole in the ground with angled walls" where the
>> angled walls meet their opposite walls.
>
> So it is indeed the straight skeleton you're looking for. I.e. the
> collection of all vertices of inner offset curves of a given polygon.
> Google has lots of links.

In that case, FWIW, the upcoming 3.2 version of CGAL, which will be released
pretty soon, includes the construction of the straight skeleton in the
interior of a 2D polygon with holes:

http://www.cgal.org/in_progress_frame.html

This new package is roughly described here:

www.cgal.org/UserWorkshop/2004/straight_skeleton.pdf

This package will be available under an open source license:

http://www.cgal.org/index2.html

Or a commercial license from GeometryFactory:

http://www.geometryfactory.com/

depending on your needs...

HTH

--
Fernando Cacciola
SciSoft

Create PolyMesh From PolyLine =>Re: Create PolyMesh From PolyLine =>Re: Create PolyMesh From PolyLine =>Re: Create PolyMesh From PolyLine =>