Subject: Re: Color manipulation

In comp.graphics.algorithms kebalex@gmail.com wrote:

> The problem is I'm a .NET developer and my knowledge of color is
> minimal and the research i have done so far suggests it can be quite
> complex/mathmatical.

In other words, you're *way* out of your depth.

> The functionality i have to replace is adjusting the red, green, blue,
> density, contrast and saturation of an image. I've played around with
> the colormatrix class from GDI+ and can change the RGB valus ok but i'm
> not sure how to do the others. i think the density looks like
> brightness to me.

It's the opposite, usually --- but that can depend on the particular
sub-field you're in. But printers usually make bright paper darker
the denser they apply their inks or toners. I.e. dense is black, not
bright.

> done anyone know how to do this?

Yes.

> i'm using .NET which has wrappers for all of the GDI+ objects.

The odds that you'll get this job done by just calling GDI+ a bit are,
I suspect, close to zero.

Color manipulation =>