Home Products Download Order Contacts

Subject: Re: Clipping 3D Triangle by Convex Polyhedron

Mark Thompson wrote:

> I have a (hopefully) quite straightforward problem that I am having
> trouble finding a solution to. I need to be able to clip a 3D triangle
> by a 3D convex Polyhedron (which will always be an extruded triangle
> itself into 3 dimensions).

This is more similar to generic polyhedron<-->polyhedron clipping than
to what you've been trying. The triangle can be viewed a special case
of such a triangular "pillar". Since both objects are convex, a
method like that of separating axes (--> Google) will work nicely.

Clipping 3D Triangle by Convex Polyhedron =>