Subject: Re: Cgafaq math rendering

[Jongware] wrote:
> A point against is, of course, that a graphic image of a formula is not the
> original formula, so copying and pasting it in another program
> (Mathematica?) is out. But would that be a requirement?

I'd say it would, but for a different reason. Although I'm grateful that
I have proper vision, I think we should not exclude those who don't. As
long as the formulas are computer readable, they can be transformed to a
more readable form or used for speech synthesis. As soon as the
information is encoded in an image, be it SVG or any other format, this
possibility is lost.

Malte

Cgafaq math rendering =>Re: Cgafaq math rendering =>